Saturday, November 6, 2010

'I Do'....it yourself.

I am excited to announce that I attended my very 1st wedding yesterday!!
(well...my first as a proper adult/non bridal party member)
Not everyone can afford the whole kit and kaboodle when it comes to the wedding day, but being on a budget doesn't mean you have to sacrifice style. And for all those crafty brides out there, DIY is half the fun of planning & the perfect way to make sure your day is tailored to you and your Mr.

Here a few inspirations for DIY wedding decor and if I had my day a different way, it would be as pretty as these!

Set up an area with a few different cameras, cute backdrop and even some kitschy props
(cue novelty moustache!) & voila...handmade snap station.
Polaroids are great keepers for the guests too.

Adorable & easy way to spruce up a paper lantern.
Get the full 'how to' here...diy-paper-lace-doily-lanterns


Yes mason jars have been done (again, again & again), but this lil' DIY will give
 you that vintage feel for half the price.

Chalkboards can be used to welcome guests, display menu or even for guests to
 scrawl their marriage advice on. Jump over to mydiyweddingday for some more budget friendly ideas.

Seed Favours are such a dear gift...eco friendly too!


love love LOVE this picnic wedding mood board I found over at goldenafternoontearoom.
 Absolutely delightful!

Doily Chair Decoration
I have a doily addiction, & these babies make such a sweet garland on an old wooden chair. elizabethannedesigns


8 wedding ribbondessertbar An Affordable Wedding Trend: Ribbons
 I cant go past this 'Alice' style dessert buffet by libby james...yum!

Congrats Bree & Ryan on your beautiful day.

Stay cute.
Gen. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment